Would you drink rather drink Raw milk or Pasteurized?
One should have in mind the following facts:
- Pasteurization is a process of heating milk and kill microorganisms.
- Some of the microorganisms are: Brucella, Campylobacter, E. coli, O157:H7, Listeria,
Mycobacterium bovis, Salmonella, and Yersinia.
- This method was developed by the well known Louis Pasteur in 1864.
- His method began to be used in a commercial way in the late 1800s.
- Pasteurization does not alter or reduce the valuable nutritional ingredients of milk.
- Pasteurized milk does not cause allergies more than Raw milk does.
- Proteins that exist in milk and cause allergies are already present in Raw milk.
There are several Pasteurization methods
- High Temperature Pasteurization for a Short Time – a few seconds
- Low Temperature Pasteurization about 2 hours.
- Pasteurization, in hight temperature for a few seconds and cooling afterwards
- Steam Pasteurization. This way E. coli, Salmonella, Listeria are killed by steam.
- Gamma rays exposure – prevents foodborne microbes in foods.
- Ultrapasteurization by heating milk to 280 F for 2 seconds
- Ultra-High Temperature Pasteurization by Heating milk to 280 to 302 F for 1 or 2 seconds.
Now, “would you drink rather drink Raw milk or Pasteurized?”
Read next: http://prosperity-planet.com/eco-mentality-how-can-you-make-a-difference